Monday, October 4, 2010

Quote Illuminator- Rebecca Rogers

On page 139, "You didn't kill Cameron," Jack tells me suddenly, twisting all the way around from the front seat to see me.

I chose this quote because it shows how Anna keeps blaming herself for the death of Cameron. although it wasn't her fault she is still very upset about it and hasn't been able to let it go as just an accident. Which anyone would be upset about loosing a friend, her brothers girlfriend and would blame herself for it.

On page 134, "Ellen and my brother tell me I'm all messed up," I say. "I don't think I'm such great girlfriend material right now."

This quote shows how little confidence Anna has right now, she's listening to what everyone is telling her about how she isn't in the best condition to actually date someone. It just shows how much the accident has severely traumatized her.

On page 118, Ellen's been napping a lot. A whole lot. But now, for some reason, she's getting stir-crazy. When I walk out of our bedroom, she's sitting in her wheelchair in front of my queen bed, holding her dad's keys. Rental-car keys.

I chose this passage because it shows how much Ellen wants to get out of the house now, she doesnt want to be stuck there anymore. Napping isn't going to solve anything so now she wants to go out even if its her dad just taking her for a drive or going outside in her wheelchair. I believe that she's determined to get some kind of rush by stealing her father's keys to take the car out for a spin, to just get some air outside. Anna would rather not, she doesnt want to get in anymore trouble then she had already been in she says on page 120 "I feel really sick." I tell Ellen. Although she feels this way she doesn't want to let down Ellen, and hates the disappointment in her friends face.

No comments:

Post a Comment