Thursday, October 7, 2010

Quote Illuminator- Holly Fischer

1. "The driving was fine. I can't wait to tell Frances." p. 196

This quote shows that Anna is slowly recovering from the accident, and she's finally started driving again. I feel that a lot of her strength has come from going to therapy, and it's great that she's accepting that fact that she didn't kill Cameron, and that it wasn't her fault. The more I read this book, the more confidence I have that Anna will recover fully from the accident over time.

2. "And I'm thinking about how it's over, only it's not over. The screaming is over, and Cameron's life is over, and the beginning of my life is over, along with Jack's and Ellen's and Cameron's little brother's.." p. 206

This quote is during one of the Anna's flashbacks she has from the accident. I feel that this is important beacuse even though Anna is recovering from the accident and getting better everyday, she's still guilty about what happened and the accident will forever effect her life. This quote is also important beacuse I wonder how Jack and Cameron's little brother ar dealing with the death of someone very important to them.

3. "If I'd done what my dad told me to do, we'd have gotten to the party later and probably left later or earlier, and we wouldn't have been passing by Cameron on the road right at that second, and she could have swerved and been fine." p. 203

This is a piece of dialog from the book that Anna said and I think it holds great importance because he therapist didn't have an answer for her. By this quote, I can some what understand how this whole is probably eating Anna up inside. I also think this is a good quote because it represents the theme of the book because this is how Anna is dealing with this tragedy.

4. "We've ended like this before. I like it. The smell of coconut. The warmth of dazzling blue." p. 207

This quote was said by Anna at the end of a session with her therapist, and it's important beacuse it shows how peaceful she has become. Before she saw a therapist, she was a wreck and always having panic attacks and getting detailed flashbacks from the accident that weren't very pleasent. This quote shows Anna's recovering and it shows that maybe she'll be able to put this all behind her one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment