Thursday, September 23, 2010

Quotes - Holly Fischer

1. "I remember that moment as clear as the accident. Sometimes clearer. Who knows why." - Anna pg. 3

This quote happens to be in preface of the book, however, I believe it hold a great importance to the book because it's foreshadowing. This quote shows that Anna is going to either be in an accident, cause an accident, see an accident that will probably change her life. This quote stuck out to me because it made me wonder what is going to happen to Anna or her family.

2. "He isn't used to me not doing what he asks. I'm not used to it either." - Anna pg. 8

I chose this quote in the reading beacuse it's showing her relationship with her parents, which I think is going to have a great effect on Anna through out the book. In the first chapter, you can already tell her parents are strict because they made her do ridculous chores such as, picking up the leaves on the lawn. However, I also chose this quote because it shows that Anna is sticking up for herself, therefore showing that she's a strong girl.

3. " "All right," I said to his back. "Fine you can have the car on Saturday." " - Anna pg. 14

I chose this little piece of dialoge because it shows the relationship Anna has with her brother, Jack. In chapter one, Anna describes Jack as the non popular kid who doesn't really go out with a lot of girls. However, when he goes get a date on a Saturday night with a pretty girl at their school, it happens to be a night that Anna has the car. This quote was important because it shows that she cares for him because she let him have the car, since she knew that the date meant a lot to him.

4. "..and I wonder if she actually knows me better than I know me.." - Anna pg. 8

I picked this quote to show the importance of last nights reading because it's about Anna's best friend Ellen. Even though Anna and Ellen seem to have some differences, they are still very good friends and they've been good friends since they were nine. Ellen is more of the party girl and Anna really isn't, and they accept each other for who they are and I admire that in friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment