Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Quote Illuminator - Devon Blog #2

1. "That memorial link to Rosebud Is a Sled is an amazing idea," Lisa tells me. Link? I don't know what she's talking about." Pg. 49


I picked this quote because it shows the affect the accident had on Anna and her brothers relationship. He isn't really talking to her after it happened, even though it was not her fault. Also, I picked this because it shows how her friend is talking about something that everyone knows about except Anna. This shows how her brother is barley talking to her because the whole school knows about the memorial link for Cameron except Anna. 


2. "I don't really see the point," my father says. "We go through difficult times. We live. We learn. We move on." Pg. 61


This quote signifies the dictatorship that Anna's father has. Anna's mom is suggesting getting counseling about the accident, however her dad is quick to shoo it away. Anna nor her mom are able to get a word in without her dad saying that he doesn't agree, and that is the way it should be. I believe this quote is foreshadowing something important that will happen later in the book involving the way Anna's father acts.


3. "I killed somebody." Pg. 69


This quote shows how the accident is affecting Anna. Even though it was not her fault, she keeps blaming herself for Cameron's death. Anna believes, even though Cameron was clearly drunk and swerved into Anna's lane, that she is responsible for Cameron's death. I think this is also going to foreshadow Anna and her personality changing throughout the book, and is only the beginning of finding out how the accident really affected her.


4. "And in that exact moment there was this flash of light and something hit me hard, and then I was on my back on the sandy ground at the edge of where the driveway began and of the house ended." Pg. 82


This quote is important because it describes when Anna got hit by lightening, and no one believed her but her brother. I think it shows deep down the good relationship between Anna and her brother, and how he always sticks by her side. I also think it has a negative effect, because her parents don't take seriously, so I predict that something major is going to happen in the book and no one will take her seriously but her brother. 



No comments:

Post a Comment